Although it may come as a shock to many, I truly do love food! In fact, I desperately wanted to train as a chef this year, but decided I should go and get a degree first. I still love to cook, and have been developing my own cupcake and other baked goods business over the past year, however, baking and cooking do not hold the same joy for me, as I have no idea if my creations taste delectable or disgusting. I would love to be able to experiment as I used to, to try a range of foods, as well as revisit some of my old favorites. For this reason, I have written a checklist 'things to eat when I am brave!'
1. A croissant- For some reason, for the past few months I have been CRAVING a gorgeous warm, croissant, crispy on the outside and soft and buttery inside.
2. A Nandos with my Grace- Grace and I used to go for weekly Nandos, with my favorite being a chicken salad. Might not seem that much of a challenge, but i'm still pretty terrified. I cannot wait for the day when we can start this tradition again though.
3. A slice of Red Velvet cake- I make the cupcakes, with delicious white frosting perched on top. I would love to try a slice of the cake from the hummingbird bakery.
4. Ben and Jerry's ice-cream- God, where do I begin on flavors? Whilst in New York last year, I was already pretty ill, in the American supermarkets, i'd head to the freezers and marvel at the wide array of flavors. I'd love more than anything to go back to New York again, and try so many different foods I tortured myself with, but first, I will settle for a scoop of phish food, chocolate fudge brownie, strawberry cheesecake...I could go on.
5. Pasta- This was my staple favorite. I'm pretty sure it was the first thing I ever cooked by myself, I'd come home and eat it night after night, never growing sick of it, with a variety of different sauces, but always with lots and lots of cheese! I know mum would love to take me to carluccios as we used to love to do and to see me eat again.
6. Ben's cookie- If you've never had one of these, then please, for me...try one. I walked past one of their shops the other day and was compelled to just go in and stare at the cookies. Torturing myself even further. They are probably one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.
7. Thai- Mum and I used to have a little tradition, at the end of a long day at work and school, she'd often text me on the way home, asking if I wanted to meet her at 'the thai place', our little local, authentic Thai restaurant. We went for regularly, the smiling Thai man who owned it would grin with delight when we came in and 'welcome the Pillay's'. Years and years ago I loved a Thai green curry, however, when I first became health conscious, this switched to 'chicken with fresh chilli'. Egg fried rice, switched to steamed rice, then no rice, salad...now I can't eat anything from there. I cannot wait to sit and have a meal there with my mum.
8. Cocktail with my girls- Alice, Georgia, Hollie, Thea, my partners in crime when it comes to cocktails. I cannot wait to drink with you all again.
I will keep on adding to this and when I achieve any of them, update! Any suggestions are more than welcome, I can't even remember some of the things I used to love.